Can I Sell My Damaged House in St. Louis, Missouri
Should I List My Damaged House on the Market or Sell It for Cash?
If you have a house that is old, neglected, abandoned, or damaged by a natural disaster, you can sell your damaged house as-is for cash directly to a company that buys houses in St. Louis, Missouri.
It doesn’t matter how damaged your house is or what caused the damage. A home buyer or wholesaler can assess your home, make a cash offer, and close the deal. Since you are selling your house as-is for cash, you do not have to make any repairs or home improvements.
In most cases, you don’t have to schedule a home inspection because the buyer assumes responsibility for any issues regardless of the property’s current condition.
What Is a Damaged House?
In real estate, a damaged house is a property that has enough damage to affect the property’s value significantly. A damaged house may have one or more of the following issues.
- The house is unsafe to live in.
- The house must pass an inspection before you can sell it.
- You may not find a buyer for the house due to its current condition.
- There may be hidden problems that make a potential buyer suspicious.
- Competing properties are in much better condition.
Why Can’t I Sell My Damaged House on the Real Estate Market?
You can’t sell your damaged house fast because no one wants to deal with a house that requires expensive repairs.
1. Your House is Unsafe
Potential buyers do not want to buy a house that is a safety hazard. Even if you have made repairs to the house, unseen structural damage could present hazards down the road. Most buyers do not want to risk these potential problems.
2. Home Repairs Are Too Expensive
Most buyers today want a house that is move-in ready with few – if any – issues. A buyer doesn’t want to add a home improvement loan to an already high mortgage. They would rather pour their money into a house already in good condition.
3. There Is Too Much Competition
The St. Louis, Missouri, housing market has hundreds of homes for sale. Many of these homes are in excellent condition. Several homes in your area may be more attractive to buyers. If so, you may not get an offer if you want to sell your damaged house as-is.
4. Your House Doesn’t Pass Inspection
You will need to schedule an inspection to sell your damaged house on the market. If the house does not pass inspection, the inspector will point out the repairs you need to make to sell the house. If the repairs are expensive, you may try to sell the house as-is instead of fixing it. As a result, you will need to find an alternative to a traditional home sale.
How Do I Sell My Damaged House Fast?
The best way to get rid of your property is to sell your damaged house as-is for cash to a house-buying company in St. Louis, Missouri.
Here are the steps to selling your damaged house fast:
- Contact a local home buyer in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Discuss the details of your house and schedule a quick walkthrough of the property.
- The home buyer assesses your property’s value.
- The home buyer makes a fast cash offer (usually within 24 to 48 hours).
- You accept the offer and agree to the terms of the home sale.
- You close the deal and get cash for your house.
There are several benefits of a cash home sale:
- You can sell your house as-is for any reason. The buyer can work with you regardless of the circumstances of the sale.
- You don’t need to hire a realtor. A cash home sale is a private transaction directly between you and the buyer.
- You incur little to no home selling expenses. You can walk away from the property with no strings attached.
Get a Home Cash Offer from Klamen Real Estate Group
If you need to sell your damaged house fast but can’t sell your house the traditional way, we can help. At Klamen Real Estate Group, we buy houses as-is. Let us assess your property’s value and make a fast cash offer. Sell your damaged house fast in St. Louis, Missouri. Call 314-721-6800 to get a fast cash offer.